January 17, 2022

Hallo På Do, Din Gamle Sko

Bathroom remodel chugs along. The tile is 2/3 complete. We have chosen a wall color. The vanity cabinets have arrived and been installed, and CHECK OUT the super pimpy figuring on the walnut. This is not what I expected, but also super fly. I am not a big fan of the finish color, which turned out a little on the pink side. It might look very different when the counter top is in (it is an extremely dark navy blue.



Important decision to make: what to hang over the toilet. Why do I care? Because we went so bold, colorwise, and none of it "matches." I needed something to pull it all together. I spent hours looking at auctions, falling in love with an original 1950's poster of Sputnik, and trying to find a large poster of an advertisement for Ideal Flatbread. Then I just decided -- we're going with our parrot painting. It has recently moved from the living room to my home office, but it will have to be sacrificed to the bathroom.
It looks fantastic. Really gathers the elements of the various rooms together. The cheerful blue wall color we decided on for the whole bathroom, the black of the floor, the red tile in the shower -- it's all there. After we painted the bathroom I looked at my can of Klutch that sits on the desk in the office -- it is pretty much the color of the walls. Funny.


Along the way to the parrot painting decision I looked at Etsy and found a piece of wall art that said "Hallo på do, din gamle sko", which they translated as "Hello On Toilet You Old Shoe".

Humorous for two seconds. No.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails