February 19, 2023

Things I Have Done

In addition to healing from surgery, which is going well but is tedious:

I made a cute arrangement from random yard flowers. I love this tiny cast iron pot. If I was only going to keep one item of my mom's, I'd say it would be this, because it has elephant handles, and because flower arranging used to be her jam.


I had to get two dresses altered last week and while I visited the dry cleaner / tailoring shop I sampled the wares of various other stores in the little mall.

The other morning I heard some tap-tapping outside the bedroom. Boy kitten came running, and I had to look over the fake deer statues in the back yard to see a young deer eating my geranium (James Thurber moment). Then he heard the sound of my phone and pranced away.
I bought about 75 too many hand screen-printed circus posters at an auction. I can't wait to put them everywhere.
I finally found the perfect art for the lady bathroom.
And yesterday I made mackerel mousse, and it was delicious.
And I had an un-stressful visit with my mom yesterday. She said "Make it better." and "Take me home with you." and I told her that we could do that if she could practice using stairs. Then she fell asleep and I watched Property Brothers, alone. Her breathing was lousy so we summoned the nurse. No Covid, good blood oxygen, no temperature. 

That was *my* day, but prior to that she'd been arguing with my dead dad all night. The caregiver was a good sport about it, and when my mom was telling her to intervene with my dad, the caregiver pointed to my imaginary dead dad and said "Don't tell me! Tell him!" And after I left she threw juice, bit caregivers, bit herself, and needed an Ativan.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails