October 11, 2024

An Hawaiian Happening

They have the Hall and Oates Channel on softly in the background while I wait for the results of my latest Mohs surgery. I don't require that much Hall and Oates in my life, and need to drown it out. I figured out very happily that I have Iwalani Kahalewai's An Hawaiian Happening on my phone. Unlike most humans I don't have a lot of music on my phone at the moment. I love George Chun's arrangements. Sometimes sassy, and sometimes molasses slow, with some piano and noodle-y wandering guitar. Go find it here.

On my way over here to get my face rearranged I was listening to Sally Field's autobiography. The first few chapters were a little challenging -- I had a hard time remembering who was who (and this is where a visual learner has trouble with audiobooks) but I came to like it. It's kinda harrowing at times, and then there is some familiarity. Like the argument with her stepfather where he tries to control her by threat. I don't think that I ever shared this, but while visiting my mom one day last year I wasn't doing what my mom wanted. As usual. So she started threatening me -- you like your job, right? If you don't do (whatever it is she wanted me to do) I'll tell them about you.

Thanks, Mom!

I told her it was too late. They already know. They don't care.

My doctor makes really fine stitches.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails