August 29, 2026

Bringing Back the 90s

A few weeks ago I broke the dog mug when I was loading the dishwasher. This mug has had several lives. I think that originally mrguy and I originally each had one. There is some connection with the Big Guy, and we're not sure what it is. Maybe it's just the time frame?

After it lived as a coffee mug, the dog mug it had a second life in the cat medicine cabinet
as a holder of syringes, tubes of hairball ointment, and the like.

In the last year or so it came back into circulation as a coffee mug. It is sooooo 1990s!! Love it.

And then, as the Big Guy would say "The chick BROKE it".

We paused for a sad moment and then I decided I'd find a replacement. Within a few minutes I'd ordered a dog mug on Etsy, and who knew but there was a companion CAT mug on ebay. We waited until this morning to open the packages. While drinking his coffee out of my Charles and Diana mug (also a replacement for a favorite broken mug) mrguy was extolling the virtues of the dog mug's capacity and handle, while indicating that he was possibly drinking out of a lady mug. He'll drink out of my Hardanger dancers mug (bought in Ballard with the Big Guy) because it has a good handle, but that dog mug was just right.

Here they are, together for the first time:

Thank you, ebay and Etsy, saving my bacon yet again.

No comments: