October 4, 2026

Rush, Then Crash

Update: my teeth continued to chatter until we got to Dublin. We're home now. Cozy despite a heatwave. I return to work tomorrow and am not ready to write about it all. Tomorrow we call the gutter guy because we're convinced that the crows filled our gutters, and El Nino is on its way.

+++

The crows continued to smite our house with acorns in their beaks. We left the house to get allll of the vaccinations (RSV, Covid, Flu).

Then I got a mani pedi, because my hands were shameful. Then up to the jewelry store to get a new watch battery and a replacement clasp for my precious question mark necklace. It will be in good hands while we are away. And my Timex Indiglo now shines more brightly at night.

Then to the rice triangle store for some grub. And then folding laundry and selecting garments for our trip.

Last night was grim. Every part of my body hurt. Lightning bolts to the muscles. Joints sore. I got up to use the bathroom and my teeth were chattering. I found an electric blanket in the closet and that helped quite a bit, but my mantra of moaning, punctuated with "I hate everything" was my constant companion. I still feel sore and wrung out, but much better.

It's grey and windy today. The crows came back. I am clean. Gathering my items for our trip tomorrow.

I like vacation very much.

No comments: