November 7, 2021

Halloween Update

I completely forgot that what I *do* like about Halloween is mrguy's enthusiasm. He enjoys making a scary Jack-O-Lantern and giving candy to kids.

He hit it out of the park on the pumpkin. And I have to say it looks smashing on the blue chair.


The kid part was mixed. We live on a dark, hilly block that nobody comes to. Our neighbors from a few houses down brought their kids over. And a cute duo appeared at our door wearing white outfits with orange pillows taped to their tummies (they were sake nigiri). Mrguy brought in the pumpkin and put the lemons back in their basket on the blue chair. Then about 15 minutes later a crowd appeared, and I heard clamdip at the door saying I'd be home. Much doorbell ringing ensued as I scrambled to find the candy. Clam had brought pretty much all of the neighborhood kids with her. So cute! One of the girls got really excited because we had lemons on our porch and asked if she could take them (that's what they're for). Those lemons made her happier than the candy, I think.

Anyhoo, a few days later I thanked the Jack-O-Lantern for his service and made him into soup. It was definitely a mrsguy kinda soup, featuring what I call "pie". What is pie? Once I had my sister over for dinner and I made a dessert that consisted of a fruity, blended sauce poured over some pound cake. What's in the sauce? Frozen berries and pie. Pie? Yeah, I had a piece of pie in the fridge so I put it in the blender with the other stuff. It was delicious, as pie often is.

In this case, pie was all the good stuff from the freezer. Some frozen leftover red curry pumpkin sauce from the Thai restaurant, homemade chicken stock, and some liquid from an eggplant dish that I made many times in the last few months. And then a little bit of store-bought curry powder.


It tasted fantastic. And now on to the Holidays.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails