December 2, 2023

The Golden Bachelor

Oy. Can we talk about it?

I can't really tell you the last time I watched The Bachelor. The behavior is sooo bad. It's not my thing. But when the old person version debuted a while back I watched. The dude was so smarmy -- that voice drove me nuts! And the women were pretty funny and mostly great. I expected more of it, and came away disappointed.

Come on, ABC. You gave us this guy's CV and it wasn't true. He told his story (my life partner died and I've been a heart-broken loner ever since) and that was rubbish, as well. And then he started telling all of the women and their families that they were the one. Only there were three at that point and three is not one, if you know what I mean. When he finally made up his mind and broke the heart of the woman who he had told "I really think you're the one," his response was to try to comfort the woman. Who wants to be hugged by the person who just confessed to preferring someone else? She gave him what for, and I'm happy about that. The day after the finale, Hollywood Reporter released an article that outed Gerry the Bachelor as being a miser who refused to take his girlfriend to his class reunion "looking like that," i.e. 10 pounds heavier than he liked. This guy has problems, and I didn't like his lady choice, but I hope she isn't disappointed in the end.

And now on to Buffy Sainte-Marie. I've been obsessing about her this week. Who knew that North America's most famous indigenous performer, winner of accolade after accolade intended for true indigenous performers, is a big fat faker? Super sad. She did do some good, but she did it in red face and now she lives in a time where anyone can research her heritage. People who trusted her and her story are hurt and flabbergasted. She refuses to take a DNA test, and we all know what that means. Her son explains her choices as being a girl with unconventional looks who explained them away by saying that she was Native American. Then she just went with it from there. But to what lengths? And at what cost to others? 

Heck of a way to end a career. Here's a link to the expose.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails