January 28, 2024

Her Name Is Tiger Brown

Conversation with mrguy:

Him: How did your online writing group meeting go?

Me: Pretty well. But the three prompts this time seemed too close to home (unsaid was the following)

1) Write about the search for beauty (I do this for most of every day)
2) Make a reading list for someone, with an explanation of why you chose what you chose (this prompt was basically what I also do, here, with mrsguy)
3) What is your relationship to struggle? (Uhhh, too soon! I am still feeling the effects of last weekend's meltdown, including a sprained knee from a disagreement with a bag of brussels sprouts that I, in my mania, had thrown to the ground and stomped repeatedly until pulverized)

Me: So I mostly read vintage boxing magazines while everybody wrote. The nicknames are so cool! I found the name for my new car: Tiger Brown.

Him: But your car isn't brown.

Me: Don't wound me with your reason!!

Him: So it is written. So it shall be known.

Him: Is your car male or female?

Me: I think it's a girl. Her name is Tiger Brown.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails