September 1, 2024

Friday Joy On Sunday

I am in a fb group where we share a Friday joy. There are some joys that I can't share there because I don't think that people would like my version of joy. So here are some of the week's joys:

-- A guy at work wanted to know whether the archives wanted his old arm cast that had some significant signatures and scrawling on it. I thought it was hilarious. Brought the idea to the team (we were in the middle of mediating a water issue that had happened over the weekend) and they were all super grossed out. It would be inappropriate to bring it into the archives because casts are filled with skin cells and those, in turn, draw insects. I know this, but would have figured out a display container that would have worked.

Anyhoo the responses from my colleagues were so specific to each of them that it filled me with joy, even as they rejected the possibility that this was a cool item. And then we shared gross out stories. My idea of a good time.

Did I ever tell the story of how I lost my eyebrow? I got smacked in the face with a baseball while we were playing "pickle" in the middle of the street. Two weeks later I was scratching my itchy eyebrow while watching The Brady Bunch and I lifted its crispy corner. Then I loosened the whole thing and it was a little blonde caterpillar in the palm of my hand. I ran to my sister's room and asked her to tell me it was going to be ok. She put some Vaseline on my bald face and promised / lied that it was going to grow back. I put the eyebrow in my special box of keepsakes and it would still be there if she didn't make me throw it away.

Other Friday joys? Our yellow ginger is blooming and it smells just like the the perfume at the ABC Store.

And I have recently noticed and have appreciated the phrase "And you as well". You wish someone a nice weekend, and in response they say "And you as well." I like this, and have noticed the young people using it around me. Perhaps I will incorporate it into my daily speech.

Developing.

Also, the big black cat would like you to know that I am a jerk. He has been wearing the cone for months now, as we battled his paw cancer, or whatever it was. His paw is healed now, and he was so dirty and unable to properly wash his parts, and he did a sit-and-spin in the cat box this morning. I already washed his bottom after that, so when mrguy and I came home from his and hers mani-pedis (for real!) I prepared a nice warm kitchen sink for him. He has not savaged his right paw, and I think we're going to give it a try without the cone. So far he's being a very good boy. Washing himself in a patch of sun and using his right paw as a paw, not a meal.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails