May 31, 2020

And Now We Wait

It's been a while. We've lived a few lifetimes in May. The many phone calls, the begging to be taken to see my brother, the violent episode where she broke stuff. That time when we thought her doctor fired us. And then middlesis arrived, intending to take mom back to her state.

We didn't want her to (am I repeating myself?) for fear of her safety, mom's safety, coronavirus, everything. And I have stayed out of it since she got here. I appreciate the break from the chaos of mom and the adrenaline poisoning of family strife, but I don't think we're closer to any resolution about what to do about her situation. We are not closer to finding a psychiatrist. If we do find a psychiatrist I don't know whether my family will take recommendations that might not agree with their world view.

I do not know what happens next. I'm avoiding my mom. She's back to loving me, she says.

In the meantime the world is falling down around us. Middlesis' home town is on fire, and the hotel where she was staying here was also close to local protests. I did not help with mom while sis was here, because I believe that my mom needs to be living in a more supportive environment (memory care), and what sis is doing is avoiding that same thing.

Yesterday we did what people do when times get tough. We took the kitten cure. There were 11 kittens in two litters that were offered on our work bulletin board. Yesterday the owners were only able to catch one, and he's the guy we brought home. He's really beautiful.Taught him to purr, gave him a flea bath, and now he's done all of the important functions. He has the run of the ugliest room in the house until his vet appointment in ten days. Currently known as Boy Kitten.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails