December 19, 2021

Bucket List 2021

A number of years ago I started a bucket list. And here I am looking at that list and rethinking it. Bucket lists are things that you work towards. Here's where I stand:

1. Take an exercise class with Richard Simmons

No longer in biz    

2. Ride a camel (not a location-specific goal)

A dear friend did this once and I was so impressed. But she's dainty and I'm a big fat hog and I don't want to hurt camels. I will strike this off the list.

3. Sit in the booth with Doreen Simmons while she comments on a sumo basho for NHK
Passed away. But perhaps I would like to sit in with Ross Mihara? Developing.

4. Write a book

I had a *specific* book I was writing, but downsizing makes me want to prioritize other things.

5. Meet distant family in Ireland

This turned into wanting citizenship. I tried so hard, spent so much money, hired an expert to assist, but was ultimately rejected by Ireland due to inconsistencies in the facts on paper. Thanks, Irish Grandfather. I can still try to pursue the original goal.

6. Play Carnegie Hall or Royal Albert Hall

Why did I want this to happen?

7. Be a balloon wrangler in the Thanksgiving Day Parade

If an opportunity comes up in the future, I will ask.

8. Volunteer in the Bishop Museum archives

This hasn't happened yet, and I'm not working on it, either. But I am transcribing Freedmen's Bureau records and that feels very satisfying.

9. Have our Hawaiian band sponsor a match in a sumo tournament in Japan

Too expensive. Band not together.

10. Play music at a retirement home
Done.

11. Learn to tie knots (as added in 2015)
I will give up on this because I clearly don't want to do it.

12. Sing the National Anthem at a baseball game
Done.

13. Perform in a pantomime horse costume
I still want this. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails