October 5, 2023

News from Wirecutter

New York Times' Wirecutter delivered this important combo toilet paper dispenser / grab bar information today, when they let me (and the world) know that they exist. I love a grab bar. Wirecutter -- I am finally your demographic!!

Last summer, when Mom was still ambulatory and coming over to our house every week, she'd use our half bath and use the toilet paper dispenser as a grab bar. It was not engineered for that. We only realized this halfway through our remodel, and after we had made the wall cut for the traditional in-wall toilet paper dispenser.

Mrguy made a change order to patch the wall, and then we ended up getting one of these:


I always felt judgy about this style of dispenser, but I'm happy to have the toilet paper not sit on top of the toilet tank.

Three months after we finished the remodel, mom took a fall and since then stairs make it impossible to visit.

Had we only known about this:

It looks cool, it's old age proof and I love it. If only our walls weren't all sealed up.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails