September 25, 2021

Cat Grass Farming

Boy kitten really likes his grass. I used to think that having grass would help substitute his obsession for eating my pillow cases. Turns out he has room (and passion!) for both in his diet.

Cat grass is a racket. You can buy a pot for $3.99 from the nice pet store people down the street. Or you can make it yourself, which I decided to do recently. I bought a thirteen dollar bag of Non-GMO wheat, grown in Kansas. When I went to put it away in the cupboard I noticed an old three dollar bag of wheat that I had already open, and that's what I used instead. 

At the same time, I'm trying to re-use plastic containers that come our way. So I stabbed some holes in the plastic egg cartons that come from a person giving away eggs on my Buy Nothing group and went to work making cat grass. Here are my grass starts.


I reuse the original cat grass pots, add more dirt, place the starts in the pot, add little more dirt. Water. Wait.

Voila! Boy kitten has been working on this one a bit and finds it to his liking.


It's little things like this that make me happy.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails