March 5, 2023

2023 Cruise -- Day 5 Plus

Here's where it all went downhill. On the morning that we were to go to the birthplace of Bob Marley, in Jamaica, I asked mrguy "How did you sleep?" 

He replied "I just tested positive for Covid".

I did not. Bummer. 

Days 5, 6 and 7 were pretty bleak. Separated from my boo and having a cold -- I wanted to do nothing. Morning -- room service. Lunch, forage for my man, get a plate for myself, eat, read, watch HGTV. The will to do anything else left. I went to dinner because the waiters were so nice and I thought they'd worry or lose income. I noticed that the people we spent the day with in Cozumel with had coughs. So did our waiter. He was testing negative, and I also continued to test negative. Nobody on the cruise with the exception of old ladies and myself were wearing masks. Ever.

I am now cribbing from my entry in another forum:

"I am writing this response in a dimly lit “Irish” bar on a cruise ship during TV quote trivia. Trying to find the happy in the Angry Orchard. My husband has been quarantined with Covid since Day 3.

I have decamped to less pestilential quarters on a different deck. I got a cold and don’t feel like doing anything so I am bobbing about in the Caribbean in my stateroom with...celebrity chef David Chang. I take his “Eat a Peach” everywhere I go (dinner, mostly), and sing “Me and David Chang” to the tune of “Me and Mrs Jones”. I check in with the Mister from time to time and tell him what David Chang and I are doing.

My photos are of Falmouth Port, Jamaica and David Chang, marinated shrimp and David Chang, turn down service and...celebrity chef David Chang. Saddest cruise ever, but thank you David Chang. We got a thing goin on. Tomorrow David and I fly back to the West Coast and my poor husband has to keep quarantining in a hotel in Florida for another few days."

Yep. They kept mrguy in his stateroom, and then in a hotel in Florida, where he is miserable. The cruise line is paying for it, but whatever. I had to travel home by myself, which I did not like, but the planes were amazing. It took from 9am Florida time (on the bus to airport) til 2am Florida time to get home.

Now I'm home. Still feeling marginal from the cold, but testing negative. I rallied enough to buy a sculpture this morning that I want to mount to the outside of the house. This will be news to mrguy.

Over there in Florida the alibrijes are keeping him company. Can't wait until we're all back together tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails