March 26, 2023

Further Circusification

I've been super stoked about our half bath, upstairs. When I found and framed the circus posters they really made me happy. But when I'm seated on the throne, the wall that I face is blank. It has the door, of course, but it has about 8 feet above it that could somehow join the theme.

One day I saw an auction of circus posters. I bought two lots, not really thinking about how big they'd be. And now I have several dozen circus posters, carefully selected for their lack of people and animals. It's really about my love of lettering, silk screen, words on the page. I intended to collage them on the wall of the bathroom above the door, in a similar approach to the one in the auction that lured me in:

But that's not what ended up happening. 

First there was the matter of getting a tall enough ladder into our tiny bathroom, and then seeing if we could stand on its tallest rung and pin a poster to the wall.
I'm not quite the monkey I used to be, and neither is mrguy. Abort mission. Instead of collage, I will frame some of the cooler posters and put them on that wall.

But the Lady Bathroom downstairs has been a work in progress for 10 years, and it has really low ceilings. I set my sights there (and we pinned one of the posters on the wall in the living room while we were doing triage).

So many posters to choose from. One of these is from Carson and Barnes, which is the circus that set up its tents on the vacant lot outside of town the week of our wedding.

This one has the delicious tag-line "See it now or miss it forever". 


But this one really takes the cake: "Complete in all its vast immensity".  A fb friend says that should be the title of my autobiography. 


Anyhoo, here's where I left my current project (still underway). 
Still working on how to adhere to the wall and protect from cats, but I kinda love it. It looks like a really cool rock club bathroom (but it smells lots better).

Adieu!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails