March 11, 2023

No Place Like Home

It took a few days, but mrguy finally made it home. He described his stay in the hotel as being designed specifically to torture him. I'm guessing that this was happening at the pool right outside his window: loud teenagers, screaming children, older ladies with small yappy dogs, "Mr. and Mrs. Kid Rock"...

He was glad to get home but since he's still Covid pos, we aren't really communing. The one thing I wanted, more concentrated time with my man, turned into a subtraction of the same. Oh well, at least he's getting incrementally better. He's found the World Baseball Classic on tv and that has been a source of comfort for him.

Meanwhile, back at the fun factory, my mom is torturing everyone. While we were away she threw her phone three times and broke it. One wonders why they let her throw her phone at all, but that is a question that cannot be answered. Now the service seems to not be working, and that's for mrguy and I to figure out. 

While looking for a phone to buy I realized that someone might have one to give me. So I quickly sent this screen grab (for reference) to a Slack channel, asking. We recently replaced our desk phones with the Zoom app, so some wiseacre responded that my phone would not hover or do Zoom. Everybody was high fiving him on the app, which pissed me off because I was asking for help (also it was mostly dudes who were laughing).


My response.

Argh. Trying to work while living is complicated.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails