June 12, 2023

Sundayyyyy!

So I'm going to just gloss over the fact that our newest caregiver (onboarded by me on Saturday) seems unskilled and more of a white-collar lady. I liked her a lot, but...

Wait. I am not going to gloss over this at all. It was quite a day.

New caregiver was helped by my sister in the early hours. Then I came along to take the caregiver and my mom to a hair appointment. It was the first in many months. Years? But my sister had tried to arrange in-home hair and it wasn't happening, so I bit the bullet and just scheduled something. The salon is 5 minutes away.

I arrived a half an hour before, and we were still late because of the many things:

  • Mom didn't want to go
  • Lack of desire to put on a sweater
  • Complete lack of understanding of how to get in a car
This last bit was treacherous. Until now she's been able to understand what to do, what risks are involved, etc. Now she's all "Whatever, Man". For real -- the caregiver and I were struggling to get mom in the car and mom was completely unengaged. We were holding her suspended, basically, and she was unable to help. Unable to be encouraged to help. Kinda more interested in picking up detritus from the ground, as her future health hung in the balance.

But she looks great. Excellent haircut.

I had to talk with her later in the day. I had to talk with her yesterday afternoon, also, as she and the caregiver argued about whether or not my mom could be allowed to walk unassisted. For those new to mrsguy, she is a fall risk. Hasn't walked well for half a year. Has walked with a walker for 6 plus years. Oy.

But a beautiful thing happened. On Saturday night I bought a really weird painting at auction, and I picked it up on Sunday. The auction spot is near where the forklift factory was in the 1980s. There was a thrift store attached to the pickup spot and it was glorious. I bought some pottery and many leopard print old lady garments, and 5 martial arts movies on dvd. On the way home I passed the humane society and they were doing doggie obstacle courses, and I saw a huge bunch of pelicans.

And then I had to talk to my mom, but it doesn't mean that the other stuff didn't also happen.

This painting looks amazing in the circus bathroom. And to celebrate I finished papering the wall in the lady bathroom with more circus posters. So I guess I have two circus bathrooms?

Never too many, in my opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails