March 31, 2024

A Joyful Easter

Let's have one, shall we?

We have a baseball game. It's Trans Day of Visibility. I made pretty eggs. Let's do the damned March 31st thing!

I made eggs yesterday, using a regular Paas egg dyeing kit and brown eggs. The colors turned out insane. For some reason I'm really attracted to the goldenrod one, even though readers of mrsguy are aware that it is my least favorite Crayola color. The magenta one turned out streaky and beautiful, but the most stupendous one is the purple.

I was trying to recreate the color from last year, where I mistakenly made a black egg. I had no idea how I did that, so I just tried some stuff. And there were imperfections in the egg and maybe I sat the egg in the dye before it had completely dissolved. I don't know what led to this peacock egg, but I could not stop looking at it. And photographing it. So lovely.


And today I'm not seeing my mom. For the first Easter in eons. Again, I do not care about Easter and holidays are for other people, so I have had to make it nice for others (mom, my sisters) by making an effort. After 2023 I said "No more". I should have said no after 2022, but who knew? Honestly who knew that she'd still be kicking ass and taking names in 2024? I just consulted the magic 8 ball, which says that she *will* die this year.

Lest we think that Easter is a completely lost cause, I remind you of the best Easter in guy family history which was 2017 in Bautzen.

Let's make it a good one.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails