August 15, 2024

Garden News

Who knew that a new garden hose nozzle could offer so much joy? I bought a new nozzle that was dead cheap and has a whole bunch of settings. I can make it rain. I can blast the leaf litter out of the cordelyne. It is so satisfying. In general, I am making myself go out into the garden and water because it is good for me. And I've been rewarded with news of the plant world.

A few weeks ago I swapped some geraniums from the aku room, these flaming pink guys that I've propagated from cuttings, into the prime position on the porch. You will notice one lemon on the blue chair. This is the basket for the neighborhood, for whom we are the lemon dispensary.


The allspice "tree" that I've been growing for several years is still making leaves, which is all I need. It's in the center of this photo. All I need in order to make the best applesauce ever is two of those leaves, so I am golden!
I keep harvesting lemons for the neighbors, but if you enlarge this photo you can see that the lemon tree is pumping out fruit that will be ready in January. Wooo!!

I *just* noticed the other day that the ginger / awapuhi is starting to put out some flowers. I am soooo excited!!
And over here you can see the forest that has become our green hedge with our next door neighbor. The the middleground are the cordelyne, which are insanely tall now. Right behind it is one of our many Japanese maples that line the street, and the oak tree behind it.

It is a happy day in the garden.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails