October 4, 2015

The Week In Sports

Things are winding down, due to a few local events:

Monday: played a mid-day gig for museum volunteers. Never been thanked so profusely in my life.


Followed by a true success: the pill hotel is all green for the first time. This year I bought my mom a pill organizer that allows a person to set up the pills for each day of the month, with partitions for four different times of day. When it's full, you put the green side up. When it's empty or not quite complete, you put the red side up, indicating that the pills are not there or not ready to take. For the first time this year the whole month is green. It's the little things that make me feel great sometimes. I spend an hour a week doing Mom's pills on Mondays, so I sleep well knowing that the pills are full.


Wednesday: on-camera tour of the archives for Chinese television. Walk into frame and say something about Archives? I guess I can do that. Not exactly what I learned in library school, but it's kinda fun.


Also Wednesday: Mom's house officially sold. The money is in the bank.

Thursday and Friday: Archives tours for 100 members of the press, in groups of 25. Followed by end-of-the-day ART EMERGENCIES, which are the purpose for which I'm really paid. I feel like I earned that pay last week, despite sneaking off to play a gig and take my mom to the surgeon.

Now that that's all behind me, I look forward to getting back to business and fewer meetings. 

Back to work, Cog!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails