February 3, 2018

Flu Season 2018

I overdid it for the past few months and now I have mrguy's flu.

Texas, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve, mama's birthday weekend, family birthday for her 90th...

Coincidentally I started The Whole Life Challenge on the mama's birthday -- six weeks of fairly strict nutrition, hydration, exercise, sleep, mindfulness and reflection. Since that day I have not had wheat, sugar (except in my coffee), cheese (except a mistake over two days that I docked myself for).

On Tuesday night the mama's cough was super nasty. I slept over there (setting the alarm to wake me every hour and check on her). In the morning I arranged for a dr. visit and antibiotics. By the end of the day my own health crashed. 

Oh. Well.

I have felt worse, but I am crossing my fingers that one more day in bed will be enough for me to be ready for work Monday. I have gotten off of my sofa-of-woe dutifully for the past two days to mount the stairs behind my house *very slowly* and do my Whole Life Challenge exercise. The only positive to this situation is that the antihistamines I'm taking are also a diuretic that is removing the bloat from WLC's required water intake.

Ah, health.

I had a flu shot. So did the mama.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails