June 19, 2019

I'm In Love

It's customary in our family to begin discussing the next meal while eating the current meal. In the spirit of this, I'm on staycation and thinking about realcation.

I am HOT to go back to Halberstadt to see the changing of the klang of the John Cage piece As Slowly As Possible. And really want to go back to Leipzig, and really drill down. There are many things we didn't get to do.

But then there is also the town of Pery, Switzerland, where my people apparently lived for hundreds of years. I've wanted to visit. So I looked it up on Google to see what I might be able to do in the vicinity. Which brought me to TripAdvisor, which led me to Hotel Florida, Studen. Down the rabbit-hole (or in this case flamingo hole) I went.

I was drawn in by the photos of live flamingos, but the other visitor photos were above and beyond.

The flamingo prison

Are those hearts on the floor made out of discarded panties?

Swings at the bar and chairs made out of oil barrels  

Florida Steak

Who writes "Sorry" in balsamic reduction on a plate? This must have been a request.

If this is Florida, sign me up. But free the flammies.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails