January 15, 2020

2019 In Review

Mrs Guy is behind already, but she's been busy. Here's a review of 2019:

Great Stuff
  • I got the baby in the King Cake at Mardi Gras
  • Our lime tree started producing like crazy
  • We had the kickoff meeting for my book
  • I had some truly cozy times with the mama
  • mrguy and I discovered that we really like Maui (more on that later)
  • My sumo friend and I watched at least one match of every basho together this year, while drinking sake and eating snacks.
  • My favorite Christmas Cactus bloomed
  • I did a presentation at a fan fest
  • I got to spend much quality time working in the archives with the founder of the forklift company
  • I acquired a taxidermed armadillo that's wearing a cowboy hat and gun holsters
  • Rode a mechanical rainbow unicorn and lasted 5 seconds
Bad Health
  • A cousin, a workmate and an ex-workmate are all dealing with super nasty cancers
  • We lost our sweet boy, Nose. On the other hand we had him for 23 amazing years
  • I have reflux and it is super painful
  • mrguy has a nickel allergy, of all things, and the diet is bad for him but clears up his skin eruptions
Good Health
  • Ears does not have cancer
  • Eyes has been given a (relatively) clean bill of health by her cardiologist, in large part due to the tender ministrations of mrguy
  • I got invisalign. Is that good health or just maintenance?
Current Obsessions
  • Are we related to our family or not?
  • Grafting. Ask me about grafting citrus and camellias
  • Sewing. I have only gotten as far as mending things, but that is a start
New Faves
  • Rust Valley Restorers
  • Repair Shop
  • The new Mexican restaurant nearby
  • My Tahitian uke
  • Discovering that even on Maui we can have fun doing genealogy
Things To Look Forward To
  • Germany in September
  • Maui in October
  • Next generation family gathering which hopefully will be a) going on without me or b) will have a different format entirely
We Finished / Are Going To Finish
  • Suits (and mrguy just bought a box set of dvds)
  • The Good Place
Best White Elephant Gift
  • Dvds of Iz and Ferris Bueller, a VHS of H.R. Pufnstuf and an ipu
 Best Christmas Stocking Stuffer of the Season
  •  Foldable mini cat-eye magnifying lorgnettes
 Poopy Stuff
  • Irish Citizenship Office rejected my application and keeps saying they'll refund my money and they don't.
  • All that health stuff above

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails