August 7, 2020

The Mom Report

I would say that the pot is beginning its inevitable slow boil again. How do I know this? 

Went to visit the mama, and she really wanted me to take her somewhere in my car. Our household sheltering rule is that nobody goes in our cars but the two of us. Mom can't understand any of this. Our caregiver is the one who usually drives her places because the two of them are basically a household. But she lent her car to her son. So today a ride was not possible. Maybe tomorrow or the day after, when her son returns the car. And that should be ok with her. But it is not.

The litany of woe:

  • You do not love me. Nobody loves me.
  • If you loved me you would put me in your car.
  • Prove to me that you love me by putting me in your car.
  • When I come to your house tomorrow or the day after you will put me in your car? Why not? (Because I'll already be at my house, Woman. That's why.)
  • Other family members put me in their car.
  • You're just doing things because people tell you to.
  • You used to think I was fun.
  • I have done so much for you.
  • If you're not taking me in your car today I'll just go back inside.
  • Go home and have fun with my things and my money (a personal favorite.)

So that visit basically sucked, and I don't know what happens next.

I leave you with a pretty picture -- end paper from a mid 17th century autograph book:





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails