February 16, 2019

Snow

Last Monday I drove through some rain towards home. I hit the hill and gave my weenie car some gas, as I do to get up that last bit before our street and traffic started to back up. And then I noticed it was white all around me. Nobody could get up that hill because it had been snowing. Everybody had their blinkers on and a guy coming *down* the hill told me that the hill was "impassible" and that I should turn around, which I did. I found a parking space in front of the iceplant house and had the chance to strike up a conversation with the lady whose mom owns the house and told her how much I look forward to her iceplant display every year.

After a few minutes of deliberation, I drove back up the hill a little bit and found a parking spot. Then I got out of the car and trudged up the hill a quarter mile to our house, in the slippery snow, stopping to catch my breath and to laugh and post to FB.

Someone must have just left their parking spot in this photo.


Oh and I was making this trek with my mom's life savings in my purse, because she and my sister had inexplicably shown up at work earlier in the day and handed me a bunch of cashiers' checks to convert into CDs. Thanks for the head's up!

The next morning there were little snowdrifts on the deck and snow in my flax, even. Not something you see every day.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails