December 14, 2019

Christmas Cactus and Stuff!

I must have a dozen Christmas cactuses at this point. Many are the same type, the classic one with the bright fuschia blooms. If those guys start pumping out the flowers I'll move them to the porch, but for now I'm starting my Christmas display by putting out the singular beauties that are different from the rest.
My absolute favorite is a coral colored beauty. She bloomed two years ago but not last year. I made it my year's goal to give the cactuses more attention so that that doesn't happen again, and I was rewarded. I can't get enough of this one.
 

It now has pride of place alongside a light pink one that my mom favors, paired with one of this year's most beautiful pointsettias, courtesy of Ace Hardware. I would LOVE it if I could get this thing to grow in my garden. Occasionally you see someone with a pointsettia hedge in their yard and it is quite spectacular. Fingers crossed, people.

 
Oh, and lobsters with Santa hats have infested my mugo pine.

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails