February 16, 2020

What Have I Done?

You know how you get all excited about something and then when you get it you have second thoughts? That's where I am right now.

Right after Christmas, out of the blue, and when I reaaaaally needed something to cheer me up, I was invited to speak at a forklift conference in Denmark this May. They want a shorter version of the presentation I gave in Sweden. This calls for Heino and Manager of Heino.

Last week I got really excited about our trip and did some deep deep dives into a website that promoted restaurants for Restaurant Week. One of them was Alchemist, a restaurant that regularly sells out its bookings in minutes and has a 7,000 person waitlist. No really.

So I did some research and learned that they were opening their next set of bookings this past Monday at 8am our time.

Poised and ready, I got up on Monday, hit send on a reservation for May 13th and it actually went through. I committed to paying a supremely vulgar amount of money for this meal. Then I justified it by realizing that we're going to Denmark right before our 25th anniversary. OK!

But yesterday I started looking at reviews of the food (I had mainly focused on the atmosphere, which seems kinda cool and trippy). Oh. Oh. Oh! I now think I made a really bad mistake here. I didn't realize that the food isn't tasty as much as...challenging. Like a combination of The Great Race and Nuni and Nuni, from SNL. Shoot! I love cherry jello, but not with a lamb's brain in it.

Because the waitlist is 7,000 people long I can get a refund. I think I shall, but you never know.

If you want to watch someone eat the meal we're signed up for, check out this video on YouTube.

Stay tuned.

 




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails