March 21, 2020

Orchids In Place

I feel like the least sheltered in place human around. In the last two weeks I have been:
  • In the ER for 6 hours
  • To the podiatrist
  • To the eye doctor's office
  • To the mama's doctor's office (to pick up a urine sample kit)
  • To a hospital (to drop off the above)
I've also been to the pharmacy (because the Depends orders didn't arrive), to the market every day, to my mom's retirement community twice (picking up prescriptions), and to the mama's shelter in place location three times (to get her settled, and to bring groceries). Mrguy has been on most of these adventures also, and I worry about him.

It's funny how much effort we exert in order to keep a 92-year-old healthy and happy. And it's a little unfair that after five years of sprinting to do so we now are running uphill with this coronavirus thing. Mom will probably outlive us all.

It's important in these times to remember that beauty has a purpose and that gratitude is healing, so I made sure to stop and take photos at the doctor's office, even though I kinda hate him for making us do a urine culture on top of all the other stuff we're doing. But here you go:
I really like how this orchid seems to be yelling at me:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails