April 11, 2020

Hawaii 2019, Day 6

Day 6 -- Maui.

I gotta say that Maui was not my favorite idea, but mrguy really wanted to go. And we had favorite *people* we wanted to see, but I didn't think I liked Maui that much. Turns out that mrguy was so very right.

He picked out a bed and breakfast for us that changed my mind about bed and breakfasts. It was gorgeous. The people who ran it were local and not stuck up. The other travelers were nice and interesting people. The room had exceptionally cold air conditioning, and I had been suffering from heat exhaustion up to this point.


Where do I start about how terrific Maui was? Well...

We got there on my birthday, and had dinner with the farmer's daughter and her husband at the Mill House Maui Tropical Plantation. It had been several years of catching up that needed to happen, and I love her. Mr farmer's daughter had been suffering from a crazy nervous system / immune crash with mercury poisoning elements. The last few years had been pretty awful until they met a functional medicine doctor, removed his fillings and started taking magnetic clay baths. Slowly, his health and stamina have increased.

I worry for them, but they seem to be on the mend. This was the last we saw of mr farmer's daughter this trip, but we were able to hook up with the farmer's daughter herself later on. In the meantime she sent us to several cool points of interest.

I continue to crave Mill House's Kalo Risotto...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails