April 26, 2020

SIP Gardening Notes

As I mentioned earlier, my grafting experiment was a bust. But while watering today I discovered a few things that were not.

Several years ago I bought a gigantic Cecile Brunner rose at an estate sale. It has never really bloomed much, and I was about to give up on it but I decided to give it one last season. It appears to be doing well! We have gotten several blossoms off it already and they smell heavenly in the kitchen. 

Nearby there are wild strawberries that grow behind the garbage can. The plant grows like a ground cover, which is kinda nice (i.e. green) and I decided to encourage (i.e. water) it. Yesterday I saw something red underneath a leaf and it was a little strawberry. Today  looked for it and found it and its bretheren. I ate the first one and it tasted AMAZING. A cartoony strawberry flavor that reminds me of eating sugary breakfast cereal. I can still smell it on my hands hours later. I found another fresh one for mrguy and fed it to him.

So tiny. So good.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails