March 28, 2022

Old People Is Us

Recently we went to a memorial for a musician friend of mrguy's. It was my first show since the pandemic. I wore a mask, people! Do not want the old woman in my life to get Covid because I went to the memorial of a significantly younger person.

Anyhoo, here are my thoughts or just one thought: we are old. You know how there are always people in your rock scene who look older than they are? And they kinda stand out? The whole crowd looked like that. I went to this gig and I couldn't tell if two of the old people were actually those people or whether they were people who grew up to *look* like those people (cause the people who you *think* they are should look much older now, right?).

It messed with my mind. 

Good news: my old people can still play guitar like a mofo. At least that hasn't changed.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails