May 7, 2022

Adventures in Neurology 2022

Doctor: "Can you tell me what year it is?"

Mom: "Why do I need to know?"

She has a point, that wily little mom.

First, I want to say that my mom has calmed down again. Things are better. That's the good news. And I did take her to the doctor.

The upshot from the doctor is that all of the drugs she took during her hardest time at the beginning of the pandemic are things that were appropriate to use and can be used in the future, but need to be given in a large enough dose to do some good. The downside of this is that if you're trying to stop her from throwing things, she will stop throwing things because she will no longer have the energy.

His recommendations? More activity for my mom. "Wear her out!", adult day care, and CBD. 

"Do you have a brand and dosage to recommend?" 

"CBD is completely unregulated, so no, but some people say it helps."

So I bought some CBD that was recommended by one of my sisters, and then I went to NUG. Yes, I went to my first dispensary, just down the hill. Everybody was so nice and I felt so awkward. I am now armed with CBD and have to figure out what to do with it.

To be continued.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails