May 28, 2022

Mama The Swatter

I'll try to make this quick, because the mama situation has such peaks sometimes that it is even less fun to read about than to write about or experience. 

I preface this by saying that we have had two good nights and ok days after her doctor prescribed a small amount of Seroquel to be given at night.

In addition she is recovering from hives caused by the two or three drops of CBD that she got two weeks ago. And her painful rash in her sensitive areas is quieting down. And the Influenza A is going away. The broken toe and joint inflammation in her foot? Who knows. She's stubborn enough to walk.

Remember that part in the last post where I said things were improving? This was apparently wishful thinking. Mom was acting out and provoking my visiting sister during her whole visit, yelling and calling her a liar and a bad person. When admitted to the hospital for the flu, she apparently was auditioning for the role of Elderly Emergency Room Insult Comic. She swatted anyone away who tried to help her, take drugs, administer medicine. She tried to rip a guy's pocket off his shirt, muttered stream of consciously about who was a bad person (hint: everyone) and looked at a guy and called him a "fat pig" to his face. Over at my house I was still trying to have a vacation, but being on the other end of the phone line from someone who is first-hand experiencing it isn't that relaxing either.

Jabber jabber jabber, as my mom would say when she's done hearing what I'm saying...

Anyhoo, she was discharged and came home, wouldn't stop crying, wanted me to come over, and my sister fed me bacon and red wine while I tried to get the mama to simmer down. I got the mama out of her clothes, tucked her in and she started to fall asleep. I went home. My poor sister had another whole day with her before going home. Yikes.

She was still off her rocker until I took her to the doctor, where she was a pussycat. We have a plan, the doctor and I, and things are better. Hammer (my sister) went home, she has declared herself "done" (definition to be provided later) and I went back to some gnarly days of work, either preparing for a film shoot, attending a film shoot or preparing for presentations and giving them. More long-term employees gave notice, which means more scrambling, and I am extra thankful for a Friday holiday.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails