November 15, 2022

Countdown to Vacay

Sunday was mama day. The night before she'd been restless, but in the morning she was up and attem. Until I got there, of course. She was sweetly sleeping again, and could barely keep her eyes open for more than a few seconds. "Lovely to see you," she'd say. And then zzzzzzz. She asked "How's mrguy?" about a dozen times. And at one point she gently cupped my face with both hands, and looked so lovingly into my eyes that I felt like I, myself, could die of love. It's hard to reconcile the fact that the night before those same sweet hands were slapping someone (who she had already bitten twice).

It is countdown to vacay. We leave tomorrow. On Saturday we had mrguy south over for dinner, which was delightful. I miss cooking for friends, so this was great. He's off on an adventure in Japan.

And yesterday I dropped keys and a Christmas cactus off at #1 nephew's house. He's taking care of the babies tomorrow. Then I got gas, and sold some gold. A horrible elephant charm that came with a necklace that I bought last year. The charm brought me $394! 


Made an appointment for a haircut, dropped stuff off at Mom's (gotta make sure she's got paper products for the week!), made clam dip for a certain sumo loving friend -- wooooooo!!!

Now it's starting to look like vacation. Clam dip and I watched some sumo last night. And before that mrguy and I took in a pretty stupendous sunset. See that hump down there? The mama now lives a few blocks away from it.


Boy kitten enjoyed watching the sumo recap when we went to bed.


Tomorrow we fly. We had enough miles for first class round trip flights, so I hope to make the most of it from the moment we board. I *will* turn off my work email. I *will* turn off Slack. I have a friend who is on notice to text me if anything momentous goes down at the factory that I shouldn't miss.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails