December 24, 2022

Two More Days!

I need to hit my marks for two more days and then I am done with Christmas. Woooo!!

Primary Caregivers
Get cash end of the year bonuses for primary caregivers.

Give them an extra $20 bill to show my mom so she thinks that's what she gave them. Reinforce instructions on showing the $20 so mom doesn't freak out about the actual amount we are giving them.

New Caregivers
Meet their boss to deliver payroll, have her sign receipts etc. And give her a card and some sort of present.

Get cards and some sort of present for the new caregivers. Figure out how to let them know their card is in my mom's apartment.

Memory Care Staff
Find cards, presents, etc. for favorite staff in memory care.

Family
Host nephew and his family at my mom's this morning. Find cards and some sort of present for them.

Christmas
Care for mom on Christmas. Wrap presents, bathe her, entertain her, etc. I have a huge amount of fear that she will have an emotional outburst about whatever I'm giving her. The last time I gave her the wrong size belt she cried and cried because I bought her the wrong (larger) size and did I really think she was that size. Last year she complained because I gave her too many presents.

After Christmas I only have one remaining task (that I know of) during the week -- a telehealth conference with mom's nurse practitioner regarding her outbursts. Then there's New Year's Day, when I'm her caregiver from 8-8pm.

Then back to work.

As I have often said, and as every parent knows, Christmas is for other people. Mainly my mom and my sister. Yesterday I hosted our amazing nephew and his family, juggling cards, logistics and stuff. I had to take the day off in order to do it, but I still had work to finish before the winter break. The visit was lovely, but I get so stressed out that I'm going to do something wrong or upset someone while I try to make these many things come together simultaneously. My sister was still texting me with requests and suggestions while I was literally already at the table in a restaurant eating breakfast with our nephew and his family yesterday.

Tonight we are having dinner with friends. And hatching plans for a celebration of our own in mid-January.

UPDATE:
All went well. Found lovely chocolates at the local market. Gave 2020 Target gift cards to the girls with the caveat "Could be $20, could be $100 -- no idea what's on them". They are some of the only people I can do this with. They thought it was hilarious. The new caregivers' boss came to relieve me of $2500 and their cards and chocolate. Yay! Mom was unhappy when I got there and actually said "Poor me..." as I was visiting. She perked up when the kids were visiting, which was awesome.

And now, a new tradition: Christmas Eve dinner with friends. Can't wait.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails