June 24, 2023

Driveway Surprises

The roses are gaining on us, much to my delight. They live halfway down our hillside, and I've never been able to enjoy them without danger of falling down the slope. A side benefit of this winter's non-stop rain, the roses are now branching out in other directions, advancing up the hill and over our driveway juniper. They smell fabulous and are surprisingly rugged for roses that only have five or so petals.



Another visitor to the driveway this week was Mr. Snake. Mrguy saw him from the kitchenden and said he was worried that the snake in the driveway was not moving. Maybe he was injured. I went down to see the snake, and he was NOT happy to see me. He did the big sidewind as if to say "I don't need legs. Legs are for dummies. I am going to wiggle quickly and lose you in this bush". 


Good job, snake! Hide behind the poison oak. 

You are not dumb.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails