June 25, 2023

Vacation in the Zip Code

Mr. Guy South came to visit! The misters guy took a ferry to the city, went to a gallery, saw the rock music, and came home. I took the next day off work so that I could have breakfast with the misters guy and catch up. It was blissful. First, nobody in my family knew I was off work and they left me alone. When I don't get texts I know they're cooking something up, but I ignored the signs.

We drank coffee and ate beaucoup de toast and I am the only one who will beg to see someone's vacation photos, so I did. Mrguy South had been to Japan and we have similar sensibilities so we feasted our eyes on dreamy shots of architecture and fall foliage. So good.

Our bellies were empty, so we went down the street to the new Guatemalan restaurant. So good!

Before I even ordered anything I perused the cold case and found Guatemalan grape soda. Omg. Completely frosty and delicious.
This beauty was a chow mein tostada. It consisted of a corn tortilla on the bottom, some veggies including chayote, and chow mein noodles tossed in an unidentifiable mild red sauce. I had to have it, what with them not having ostrich. Mrguy South and I shared it.
I had these little tasty bits which were huge considering they were an appetizer. The green puree that came with it was so 'ono! Muy 'ono, even.
Guess we liked it. The people were so nice and they were playing perky kine marimba music that Siri was unable to identify. After our meal, more coffee and our friend hit the road.
A super relaxing day, nay, an island of lowered blood pressure, in the ocean of doggie doo that is my life.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails