July 2, 2023

Aphasia

Ever since I started taking anti-anxiety medication a number of years ago I have a real problem summoning the right words in conversation. And I have always had a problem with names. But I'm pretty great at prompting others to provide those names. 

While driving yesterday, I was trying to tell mrguy a story about our nephew's recent trip to New Mexico. He says that you can stay at this famous house that was owned by a famous female artist, and I just can't summon her name but I'm assuming that if I tell him the name of the property he'll know what I'm talking about.

The conversation went like this:

Me: D says that you can stay at Ghost Ranch.

Mrguy: Huh?

Me: You know, the place where that artist lived. "I paint flowers, but they're really vaginas."

Mrguy: Georgia O'Keeffe

Me: Yes!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails