July 29, 2023

Spice Bars

I went in search of my mom's spice bar recipe last week. I made it and was not disappointed. It was amazing and I might have to make it again this weekend. Back in the day mom was a volunteer at the local "junior museum", a nature museum where she worked as a marsh docent, modeled in fundraising fashion shows and worked shifts at the annual Show House. Sometimes I worked those shifts also, even though I was a child. Mom's recipe eventually made it into a Show House cookbook that was also a fundraiser. The scan below must be from one of those. For the best texture use oil, not shortening.

A new treasure that I just had to have, from a blind box series of cats and shrimp. I was lucky enough to get the one I wanted. Looks so much like boy kitten :)

So much like the boy kitten that when a friend tagged me in a fb ad for a customized aloha shirt thing, which I could not resist clicking on and futzing around with, and when I could not find a good photo of boy kitten to add to an aloha shirt, I used the above photo, to full effect.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails