January 27, 2024

A Day Off

I had decided to take a weekday off work, yesterday, and it was lovely.

The bad news is that I sprained my knee last week while taking out my frustrations by stomping on a bag of brussels sprouts. But it should be fine. So I had *modified* Pilates with my friend and trainer.

Then I had a lot to say to my new therapist. Then I went down the hill to a chiropractor appointment. The first one. She was super nice, and she unlocked my upper back / neck and that was exactly the thing I was hoping for. Her office is on a street that I never casually walk down, but want to. I stopped in at the pretzel store that I had heard about, and there was no line. OMG!! Pretzel rolls! Suddenly I am magically transported to Lufthansa business class, where I had my first pretzel roll and Yogi Tea's Bright Mood blend. So delish!

I also went into one of the two Nepali clothing stores on that street. Then to the rice triangle restaurant, where I picked up our dinner (two salmon and rice plates). I was home by 11:53. I iced my knee, and took a nap with the boy kitten in the afternoon.

At dinner time we fed the kitties, ate our bowls, and went outside to the upper deck, where the air was cool and delicious and so clear that we could see every bit of Oz, and the lights of the city on the bay.


Then we watched the two saddest episodes of Mythic Quest and a It's Always Sunny. I failed to notice for the last 17 years that this show existed. It was only when we started watching Wrexham that I leaned who Rob McElhenny even was. It's Always Sunny is pretty horrible -- or at least the characters are. And the situations and...yikes.

But it was a lovely day.

Mrguy woke up with a migraine :(


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails