March 2, 2024

2024 Car Colors

For the past few years I've been noticing different kinds of car colors. During the pandemic, it was bright red metal flake and royal blue metal flake, just like Horus, mrguy's car. But as that began to fade, so did the palette. I found myself noticing and being attracted to some murky colors coming off the production line. Dull greys. Powdery greens, and colors that look fresh from the watercolor paintbrush wash jar (photo credit: Jane Jones, Illustrator).

A nice green-grey spotted on the street the other day:
Saw *this* interesting color yesterday, on the way to visit mrguy at the hospital. In the 2010s, this would have been sparkly, but the word of the day seems to be matte.
And this was highly satisfying. Tiger Brown is blue, and now every car company seems to have a powder blue of some sort. Spotted in the wild yesterday (at my mom's facility):

This first car is actually a Rav4, like TB, but has a silver bumper. Tiger Brown's is black. I think it must belong to one of the nurses because a) it's always in the lot and b) it has a US flag and Tibet sticker. Many of the nurses are from Tibet.

And finally, same parking lot, even Ford Broncos come in a Tiger Brown sort of blue. 


I kinda suspected when I got this color car that I would not be alone for long. Ivar was a 1996 or 7 Toyota Corolla in the year that every car was teal. Chin Ho was silver in the generation of silver cars.

And I look around me and wonder if I have a blue obsession. We painted the accent wall blue in the archives' conference room. We installed blue counters in our kitchenette. I have a blue bathroom. 

Yeah, maybe : )

++++ Update
On the way to pick up mrguy from the hospital I saw Subaru's version of Tiger Brown Blue. And also a different Ford Mustang blue. No picture, people, cause I was picking up my precious cargo, mrguy, who is officially in the house taking a nap, having bathed the hospital off of him. He is encrusted with cats and has a migraine but is doing pretty well.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails