March 2, 2013

Lava Rock Supreme, pt. 3

I checked my voicemail all day yesterday. Nothing. And when I had to venture out to the store to buy tp, I swung by Lava Rock Supreme. The two decorated walls were still up.

This morning I slept in until 11. I'm still achy and weak, but I put on some clothes and went down to the demo site. The stars that I have so badly wanted since I first saw the building lay crushed in the lava debris.




Just as I arrived, my buddy the crane operator spun around and bit the exterior wall with the claw. I watched as one of the sunbursts popped off the wall and into shards as the wall flexed. Then a large triangle of the rock wall flopped over onto our side. Neighbors stopped to take pictures. A bigger chunk, containing most of the lettering, also fell to the dust. The claw seemed to work around the lettering, but then other material fell onto it, destroying it.

Ouch!



I saw some of his tank treads run over the beautiful orange of the lettering, and then had to leave. It was too sad.

Maybe he'll save me the sign?


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails