July 15, 2015

Bananas

 
This is what happens when you're a child of the Depression and a banana bread maker. You toss all of your overripe bananas in the freezer for that day you're going to make banana bread. 

And then you don't make banana bread.

A few months ago I looked in the mama's freezer and saw some bananas. Then I got curious about how many of them there were. She has a chest freezer also, which allows for storage of vast quantities of old black bananas. The archivist in me wanted to put like with like, so I went on a banana hunt. I found 28 overripe frozen bananas. Or was it 38? It was a LOT of bananas.

I did what any child of a child of the Depression would do: I brought them home so I can make a project out of them. Banana bread for all!

Last week my brother-in-law found ten additional bananas that I had overlooked. 




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails