November 20, 2017

Hawaii 2017 Day 1

Before our trip to Texas, mrguy and I took a trip to Hawaii. When we got home I didn't have the energy to write it up, but I'm sick on the sofa today, so here we go.

Oh my gosh. This trip to Hawaii was really terrific. The new normal is that I pretend I am an orphan when I am away. I set up the mama's meds, scheduling, whatever, and then leave it in the hands of my siblings. I also turn off my work email and calendar. It is blissful. On this particular occasion my brother-in-law came to town, picked up the mama and took her to Minnesota for a visit, so I worried zero percent.

Our trip started out as usual. We gave hugs to our friend who works at the Hawaiian Airlines ticket desk. Then we flew to Honolulu and lunched at La Mariana. 
There were some trimarans in the harbor. Mrguy comes from trimaran people, so he appreciated that.

On our way back to the car, we saw some good rust that needed to be appreciated.


Then we went to the Diamond Head Market on Monsaratt, laid in provisions, and hunkered down for the night.

Did I mention that our room was The Bomb? Best views ever. All of them. One and a half lanais. You can see the ocean all the way out past Kaimuki, the surf at Waikiki, and Diamond Head, with all of its majestic but adorably pincheable tinyness.

So good.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails