November 20, 2017

Hawaii 2017 Day 3

We were everywhere on Friday, but one of our main goals was to get to Haleiwa to check out a ukulele store that Bryan Tolentino had visited the day before. It was on mrguy's list of places to go. Our final plan for the day was to catch Bryan playing at the Lighthouse Restaurant at the Hawaii Kai golf course. But first...


Eggs Haloa at Koko Head. If you tip the kitchen they make a rukus, so we did. Then to the Goodwill in Kaimuki. It is OVER, by the way. It's been so good to me over the years, but Goodwill Kaimuki is just sad now. Oh well.

And then I had some other things that needed doing, so mrguy took us to the Kahala Mall. I like to get my phone screen saver replaced over there when we're on vacation. And there's a lady's clothing store that I like, so I bought some things. And we made a final trip to Stir It Up for a pomegranate boba tea. We will miss you, Stir It Up. You had it going on.

Then we drove to Haleiwa, which is the last time I think I need to go there. OMG what happened? It's all commercial now and not hippiefied. It's as if it turned into Carmel, but without the charm.


Eventually we made it to the Hawaii Kai golf course. Note: despite the name, this place is nowhere near what I think of as Hawaii Kai. Good thing mrguy saw the sign out of nowhere when we were driving toward Hawaii Kai!
We were the first folks there, so we got to say hi to Bryan and the owner of the restaurant, who used to own Corner Kitchen. We were as surprised by the fact that he used to own the Corner Kitchen as he was surprised we'd ever been to the Corner Kitchen. It was a great evening of music. Dessert was a malasada ice cream sandwich. Wow.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails