December 29, 2018

Christmas Cactus Report

Readers of mrsguy know that I am hot for Christmas cactus. I'm still on the hunt for a red one.

This year I decided that life was too short to only allow myself to buy half-dead cactus from estate sales. I was going to buy a red Christmas cactus this year, dadgummit! Well I never found one, but I bought these two beauties that are giving me so much joy on the front porch. 


The dark one has huge triple flowers and the lighter one has buds that are a peachy tan color that then turn into fat pink flowers. 


This third example is one from my collection downstairs. It's a little slow to bud, but it's white. And to complete the story, the gator aloe and the aeonium are from the ancestral garden of the mama. 

Down in the breezeway under the house our other cacti, Max and Bernice, Grandpa and the one from my mom's house all bloomed this year. I'm making some pots from cuttings for friends who want to try a Christmas cactus, so if you're reading this and want one, please let me know.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails