December 17, 2018

Parties

I was late to the Systems department bakeoff, but found the last of their savory entries and their bacon. I squeezed the oil out of the bacon before eating it. All flavors made more delicious by their being eaten off of the Pearl Harbor plate.

Yesterday was our neighborhood party, held by our nextdoor neighbors, the ones who nearly burned their house down recently. Despite this, I am particularly fond of them I love their holiday party. This is the third year, and this party has helped me know all of my neighbors better. It's super fun and they're from all over: Nigeria, India, Otherlandia (can't remember!), and then others are super local and have lived here all their lives (like our hosts).

Speaking of our hosts, they love deviled eggs, so I made some yesterday. That helped leaven my mood. Plus anything that takes me into my spice drawer makes me happy.


Hooray for a splash of smoked paprika and a scattering of parsley.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails