May 6, 2019

Impossible Burger - The Votes Are In

I ordered my first Impossible Burger today. It will likely be my last. 

If you like beef, this is definitely going to be your thing. I do not like beef, for the most part. So now I feel grossed out and burpy.

As I explained to the guy in line behind me at the restaurant, I like fake meat that tastes like its ingredients. I want a tasty burger alternative that fits in a bun and goes well with ketchup and mustard. One that doesn't taste like beef.

Like the classic Redi Burger, by Loma Linda. SUPER old school. As it was shown to me by the hippies of old, you open both ends of the can and push up from the bottom. Then you slice off your circle of whatever Redi Burger is and heat it up in a cast iron pan. When it's nice and crispy you put it on some toast with condiments. Super yummy.

I'm not a vegetarian, and the one burger I will eat is a McDonalds regular hamburger, the flat uninteresting grey thing that mostly tastes like the reconstituted dried onions that I flick off of it and the pickle.

I might have to go to the OG health food store after work and get myself some Redi-Burger.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails