May 28, 2019

Spargelzeit 2019

Recently I had a hankering to go to a nearby port town, another site of genealogical interest. While looking for reasons to go there, I saw that they were having an asparagus festival. So mrguy and I went on a road trip.

It was so much better than the corn festival we went to a few years back. There was SO MUCH ASPARAGUS. This place had beverages and macaroni and cheese (with or without asparagus). Did I mention that the beverages in this booth were in gigantic baby bottles? And something called a "yard bottle". What's a "yard bottle"?

We got some delicious food. I got some steamed asparagus with garlic, and a tiny slider with shrimp.
The margarita stand had asparagus margaritas. They were perfect. Couldn't taste the asparagus, but that's ok.
Are these ears of corn or emojis?

 
If you wanted to brave these lines you could have asparagus ice cream or deep fried asparagus. IF! I just wanted to see what the fuss was all about.


A photo opportunity is never a bad thing. This spear was pretty cute.


And then we drove home. A perfect amount of asparagus, and we stopped to pay our respects at the genealogical interest site. The drive was beautiful and mrguy's new electric car got us there and back perfectly.

1 comment:

Richard P said...

I imagine there was a very fragrant aftermath ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails