July 3, 2022

A Day Off

So good.

Coffee and newspaper with my man on the sofa.

Last-minute walk in the park with someone I barely have known but like. Super cool! Thank you for sharing your day!

Of course that made me feel like I'd achieved something, which is great.

The hammer asked if I was still up for a call today and I said that after yesterday I would like a mom-free day. She did not press it. So I had a mom-free day. 

I did some sleuthing, putting together someone's family history. I made pesto with some basil that was begging to be dispatched. And then I got in my bed and sleuthed some more. Eventually I got a little boy time with the boy kitten. Ahhhh.

Mrguy was out this afternoon, listening to old friends rehearse prior to recording them in a few weeks. Nice to have him out there doing his thing. He hasn't recorded a band from basic tracks up, in a studio and not our house for decades. They will all have a good time, and maybe some challenges.

In the meantime, mrguy is writing up his notes from this afternoon, and there is a very pale sunset and the fog isn't too bad. We *might* even see some fireworks tonight, if we get lucky. There is no fog between us and the port that puts on its July 3rd display.

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails